Monday, December 6, 2010

Last Page Blues

I was conscious of this being the last page of my most recent sketchbook as, first, I actually didn't have the money to get a new one, and then found myself waiting another bit on top of that for a back ordered new one to come in the mail. So I also was consciously just pecking away here, adding a bits every so often, making that last page last.

Of course, that's not all that different from the usual stream of consciousness jive I'm often laying down, you might say. But a slight difference for me is that I can feel the passing of time. Recently my health went south, and I've experienced the kind of physical anguish I wouldn't wish on a dog. Some of these phrases and figures seem to predict my plight, document it, and then toss some random other goodliness on top for flavor. "It has memories in it," as I wrote.

I went for the longest I've ever been in recent memory without an active sketchbook going. Luckily meeting a deadline for an upcoming book release/art show in January and working on those pages made me not miss the habit as much as I might otherwise.

For the good times, my fiends, for the good times...

No comments: